It turns out that Middlebury keeps going even when you are not here. I know, weird right? In fact, a lot went down the past few months. Here are the most important things that happened this summer on and around campus.
1. Delta house (ADP) officially disbanded. Yes, it’s true… freshmen will live there this year.
2. The bubble was deflated…
…and construction began on the new $46 million athletic facilities.
3. English was banned from our campus for 7 to 8 weeks.
4. Up the road in Bristol, an awesome Fourth of July tradition endured.
The final heat of the Great Bristol Outhouse Race
5. The College outfitted the Axinn 105 computer lab with 21 brand new iMacs.
6. Middlebury suspended its school in Egypt again. It’s just for the fall, but things are not looking good for the spring either….
7. Back in this neck of the woods, the Addison County Fair and Field Days Demolition Derby went down–another great local summer tradition.
Yep, this exists but a few miles from our quaint campus.
8. The Solar D team finished building InSite house for the 2013 Dept. of Energy Solar Decathlon Competition in Irvine, California.
And then they unveiled it to the public for the first time–it was pretty amazing. But now they have to take it apart and ship it to California.
9. The path from the library to Axinn was paved.
10. Old Chapel’s cupola got a little makeover.
11. The College announced it will install a sushi bar in Crossroads.
12. Ron Liebowitz changed his mind and Purple Jesus was resurrected…hooray!
Great, you are all filled in. Now get back to packing and we will see you next week for a the start of a great year. We hope you will continue to constantly check middbeat for anything and everything going on at Midd.