After reflecting on the weekend with some friends and eavesdropping on a good deal of Proctor convos, I believe that most of us who attended the T-Pain concert found it to be, well, hilarious. Did we have fun? We think so… The middbeat staff has compiled some observations from Saturday night to quell your nerves if you’re still thinking something along the lines of “WTF just happened??”
1. Immediate disappearance of friends upon entering. Walking into Kenyon basically ensures separation from whomever you’re with unless you physically hold onto each other. Upon seeing friends later on in the night, deep in the middle of the crowd… “oh fuck no, not going in there.”
2. That was randomly kind of violent! I think I saw a girl drop to the floor, but she seemed okay. All for moshing, but even more for my personal space!
3. Not really ever seeing T-Pain. Huh???? He was definitely there but it truly didn’t seem to matter… They could have been playing throwbacks over a speaker and I would not have known the difference. No offense to T-Pain’s stage presence, I just legitimately wasn’t watching.
4. General confusion as to who T-Pain actually was. One middbeat writer reported a fellow student shouting “we want T-Pain” while T-Pain was on stage. Maybe the lack of top hat?
5. Why were there so many people on stage? And why were they all wearing Middlebury t-shirts? Campus pride or just sort of weird?
6. Did he go out after? Nahh…. (This question/answer seem to be based on the seemingly common assumption that T-Pain is in his 40s. He’s actually like 29 I think, so that’s just funny.)
7. Most people I saw were very very intoxicated….
8. Curiosity regarding where he ate/spent the night. If he rolled up to Tourterelle would they have been like ‘oh Mr. Pain, lovely to have you!!’ or could he have gone unnoticed?
9. Generally, he played a great set. No funny business with new music or anything like that. We got the good ole classic hits. Not that he played any song really in its entirety. Probably something to do with the fact that he’s just featured on many songs. Pretty funny. Still, I lost my shit when Good Life came on.
10. I’m on a Boat????? No?????